347

I am one of over 800 artists participating in Leslie Saeta’s 30 paintings in 30 days.  I am working towards my watercolour show at the end of October.  So my challenge is to paint every single day for the next 30 days.

Here is what I got done on Day 1!!!  I got the background done.  I have to say I spent a lot of time with the hairdryer going to get the background finished.  This was 4 layers to get it to the depth of colour that I was looking for.  I have a few spots to “fix” but I will wait until the very end before I will do that.  On this flower I used winsor green yellow shade and winsor violet for the shadows under the petals.  It is fun to play and have it work out.  Made me a bit nervous!

09.01.14 Day 1

If you want to check out what others have done today stop by Leslie’s blog!

Advertisements